2020 has so far been a roller-coaster ride. COVID-19 has impacted the world in a way that is never seen before, devastating the economy and changing life as we know it. Business “as usual” does not exist anymore. Never is stewardship more important to leaders as they (re)position their organisations for success beyond the crisis while navigating immediate, monumental, and rapidly evolving challenges.
At SAC, we are launching new initiatives under Project Stewardship in Action to help, inspire and mobilise the business community to take responsible, values-based action that will build resilient, purposeful business and uplift the community. Read our latest research, articles and curated business resource for key information and best practices to guide recovery and long-term planning. We also welcome new ideas, content and opportunities to connect and collaborate.
Useful guides and resource links
- McKinsey: Taking supplier collaboration to the next level
- Boston Consulting Group: Sensing and Shaping the Post-COVID Era
- McKinsey: COVID-19: Implications for business
- PwC: Seven key actions business can take to mitigate the effects of COVID-19
- KPMG: Embedding resilience - A guide to the business implications of COVID-19
- EY: Beyond COVID-19: Will you define the new normal or watch it unfold?
- Bain: Back to Work: Recovery from Covid-19 will require resilience as companies advance, retreat, adapt—and repeat as necessary.
- Boston Consulting Group: Win the Fight, Win the Future
- World Economic Forum: Integrated Corporate Governance: A Practical Guide to Stakeholder Capitalism for Boards of Directors
- Institute of Directors: The corporate governance of coronavirus - what boards should consider
- Chartered Management Institute: Corporate Governance During Covid-19: Five Things Better Boards Are Doing Now
- EY: Five financial reporting issues to consider as a consequence of COVID-19
- Harvard Business Review: A Crisis Handbook for Family Businesses
- SAC: Stewardship for Family Businesses: Enhancing Psychological Ownership for Resilience in the Time of COVID-19
- SAC: Stewardship Principles for Family Businesses
- Pensions and Investments: Investors, companies adapting to crisis stewardship
- Principles for Responsible Investment: COVID-19: harnessing the power of collective investor action for change
- International Corporate Governance Network: Coronavirus as a new systemic risk: Implications for corporate governance and investor stewardship
- Stewardship Asia Centre: Business facing up to COVID-19: Synergising Stewardship, Governance and Sustainability
- Think with Google: Why human metrics are just as important as business metrics